About the Subject
Original drawing of a Double-eyed Fig Parrot in a fig tree.
The Double-eyed Fig Parrot (Cyclopsitta diophthalma) is Australia’s smallest parrot and can be found in rainforest along Australia’s north-eastern coasts. There are three sub-species – Marshall’s, Macleay’s and Coxen’s. This drawing is of a female Macleay’s which we found living up to its name eating figs. Fig Parrots have small wedge-shaped tails and relatively large heads and bills for their tiny size.
About the Artwork
- Original drawing is unmounted and unframed
- Faber-castell Polychromos (oil-based) pencils on HP watercolour paper
- Finished with an archival matte varnish
- Shipped flat-packed using Australia post, express & insured
- Colours may vary slightly to what you see on your computer monitor due to differences in monitor calibrations