About the Subject
Original drawing of an Australian White Ibis.
The Australian White Ibis (Threskiornis molucca) is found across most of Australia and in recent years has taken up residence in many of Australia’s urban areas. Ibis have featherless heads, long curved black bills and white plumage. A patch of scarlet can be seen underneath males’ wings in the breeding season. They are also affectionately yet slightly disparagingly known as ‘Bin Chickens’.
About the Artwork
- Original drawing is unmounted and unframed
- Derwent pencils on HP watercolour paper
- Finished with an archival matte varnish
- Shipped flat-packed using Australia post, express & insured
- Colours may vary slightly to what you see on your computer monitor due to differences in monitor calibrations
- Photo reference with thanks to Tristan Ferne – (CC by 2.0)